Well, it's been really, really cold here in Burlington, VT. So the living room is also the playground for most of the day! New schedules confuse me until I absorb them. Here's a confused me in the studio trying to decide whether to exercise or finish sewing the three caps in various stages of production on the worktable:
Since last Tuesday, which was the first day of the semester and hence the beginning of my new life, I have managed to:
1. Read and complete all homework.
2. Not contract any new viruses (I'm knocking on wood right now).
3. Sew a new set of lacy party flags.
4. Not sew at all on the caps on my worktable.
5. 1.5 hrs of yoga
6. Go to work a couple times.
7. Send a postcard in the mail.
8. Made a batch of truffles with cacao nibs on top.
9. Lose my school folder containing everything EXCEPT my homework (really hoping to find that any minute).
10. Bake muffins with my little guys.
11. Make and wrap a birthday gift for my mom. Happy Birthday, Mom!
12. Almost went to a party. at night. without the kids. but then I really just wanted to snuggle them like I always do and fall asleep.
These are snapshots; to tell the truth, I can't remember most of the week. I feel tired but happy to be, as my friend Rachel says about life as a mama-worker-student-artist, "Living the Dream"!