September 25, 2007

getting my cap on

This past Rosh Hashanah I decided to make an effort to use recycled fabrics and materials in my creative work; thinking about how much waste we create on this life, especially as first-world consumers, feels heavy. It's a pithy new year sentiment but it really feels right to limit my consumption of new goods. All those yards of denim, sewn up into american jeans- what happens when the knees blow? Landfill? Why not something lovely and useful instead? So here come some denim caps...




These thumbnails are of the last cap completed for a custom order. I'm currently taking orders for denim and corduroy caps, with or without barn swallow applique. If you are interested, please email me at flyinghenstudio@gmail.com. I'm turning orders in less than a week- that's almost immediate gratification, folks!


Here are some typed size tags. I love my typewriter; what a trusty rusty friend it is! Below are a few barn swallows in various swoops.



No comments: